OUR COVID-19 MEASURES
As we continue to follow the Government’s guidance regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to assure all of our customers that we remain entirely safe and operational. We are on the road while working within the guidelines laid out by the Government.
We have been working hard in the background to ensure that we have the necessary equipment and procedures in place to continue safely operating in line with all Government guidance.
We are committed to providing the necessary health and safety policies, and procedures that focus on protecting our customers, horses and colleagues. These procedures include services such as ‘contactless’ collection and loading (dependent on horse temperament). We can collect and load horses and ponies from pre-agreed locations, or our drivers can remain in our vehicles if customers would prefer to load/unload.
We have followed Government guidance on providing a safer workplace and services by assessing all safety measures and addressing the risks of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have created a risk assessment that:
- Identifies the risks arising from coronavirus.
- Informs the decisions and control measures that we have put in place
- We are reviewing our risk assessment regularly to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate.
We have implemented the following steps to protect customers, horses and colleagues during coronavirus:
- We have completed a COVID-19 risk assessment.
- We continue to determine if schedules can be revised to reduce interaction and overlap between people. For example, when drivers arrive at the yard, collection and delivery times and break times.
- Ensuring delivery and receipt confirmation can be made contactless and avoiding physical contact when handling horses over to our customers.
- We are preparing for horses and ponies to be dropped off to a previously agreed area to avoid transmission, for example, taking advantage of contactless type arrangements.
- We are keeping the number of people in vehicles to a minimum and as distanced within the vehicle space as possible, and using other safety measures such as ensuring adequate ventilation.
- We have increased how often we thoroughly sanitise vans and clean surfaces. Staff and customers asked to use hand sanitiser and wash their hands frequently.
- We are providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to all staff where required in line with our risk assessment.
- Customers are asked to wear face coverings where required to do so by law.
- We have strict social distancing rules in operation. Social distancing applies both inside and outside of our vehicles.
- We are advising people with coronavirus symptoms to self-isolate immediately. If a staff member (or someone in their household) or a customer has a persistent cough, a high temperature or has lost their sense of taste or smell, we insist they should be isolating.
- We are using fixed teams or shift patterns to reduce the number of people each person comes into contact with.
- We have reduced face-to-face meetings. We encourage calls or video conferences to avoid in-person meetings with contacts or colleagues, wherever possible.
- We continue to train all our staff on COVID-19 safety measures. We make sure customers are kept up to date with how safety measures are being used and updated.
If you have any queries with regards to this guidance, please get in touch, and we will be happy to help.